Alcott Global has been retained by a leading player within the Apparel and Retail Supply Chain solutions. Our client works with some of the biggest Apparel Brands and Retailers in designing, sourcing, and delivering a diverse range of products globally. They have a global network across 40+ markets and strong production and supplier network. They are looking for a Vice-President Business Development for the US market to drive strategic expansion and build new customers.
Location: Flexible with locations within the US
Reporting to: COO
- Building strategic capability to drive new Brand Acquisition across the key apparel categories.
- Creating the right market activation strategies to ensure customer attraction.
- Build strong relationships with key client stakeholders and industry influencers to maximize business growth and identify new opportunities.
- Ensure that business leads and opportunities translate to sustainable business growth.
- Build a high-performing teams that are focused on customer engagement and ensure delivery through the strategic supply organisation.
- Building high customer loyalty, high product retention rates, by promoting the sustainable business strategy and initiatives.
- Build up and lead a strong business development team, fostering a culture of growth and collaboration.
- Bring in market intelligence of current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and operations, to ensure alignment and effective execution of business development initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate potential mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and investment opportunities to support the company’s growth objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail, Marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in business development or related roles, with at least 5 years in a leadership position. Ideally within the Apparel & Fashion industry
- Willingness to travel as required to meet business needs.
- Capability to build long-term relationships with clients.
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods, as well as employee motivation techniques.
- Strong industry knowledge within apparel, home care of retail markets.