PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Transportation Design & Engineering
- Analyze and document processes, workflows, position responsibilities and system flows in conjunction with physical supply chain, identify tactical recommendations
- Review existing operations designs including origin/destinations, cross dock and servicing areas and perform transport re-design as needed taking into consideration of net impact. Review appropriate equipment and methodologies
- Conduct research into the latest industry developments and best practices, relating to road and rail Transportation, Transport fleet and equipment, SCM models, etc
- Develop complete, professional routing/scheduling designs including capacity and with constraint considerations to meet and solve client requirements.
- Identify potential improvement opportunities and setting the process and service level standards for the operations for ramp-up/ramp down scenario.
- Analyze contractual commitments, specifications, performance and other data to plan and develop logistics activities by using knowledge of Transportation engineering, ergonomics, safety, fatigue management, supply chain of responsibility, business practices & requirements
- Conduct financial impact (cost benefit) analysis for proposed initiatives, quantify savings projection and together with intangible benefit.
- Assess the impact of changes and project against commercial offers to assess areas of further substantiation or profit improvement.
Transport Operations & Delivery Support
- Provide guidance and leadership in the implementation of transport solutions, including hands-on, in-country operations deployment,
- Support in-country road and multimodal domestic transportation teams in project management, deployment and liaising with solution providers, fleet operators and/or drivers
- Develop guidelines, procedures and methodologies in relation to transport network improvements in service, cost and quality
- Advise, and help to justify investment plans
- Analysis for domestic transportation in terms of transit hubs, fleet assets or infrastructure, resources and technology in association with supporting the continued sustained growth and development of the transport business.
- Provide input and advice in relation to operational management and processes to ensure an effective, robust service and continuously improve to achieve efficiency objectives.
Transport Product Development
- In conjunction with operations, business development, innovation and relevant stakeholders provide leadership in the expansion of services into new territories and/or into new service domains.
- Be a subject matter expert for transportation in terms of operations design, transport management system operational requirements and transportation equipment.
- Enable Supplier (Transport Vendor) development in key markets
- Maintain insight into existing clients, their product profiles and our client services scope
- Support developing clear and worthwhile client references and case studies.
- Support the application of best practices through the process of reference case development and share gaps/process inefficiencies that lead to projects/initiatives which aim to improve performance.
Standard Engagement Methodology & Training
- Apply and adhere to Toll’s Customer workflow
- Contribute in the development and rollout of the Training programs
- Interact with institutions/universities in case of collaboration projects, internships and research interests.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Conversion Rate
- Retention Rate
- New Product/New Revenue
- Service level/response rate
- Cost Reduction/improvement