Position: Head of Global Transportation
Reports to: Senior VP
Our client is one of the world’s largest consumer goods company.
The Head of Global Transportation will be responsible for strategizing, managing and continually refining the transportation operations of the company.
- Coordinate Operations
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day transportation operations of the company.
Supervise employees, delegating tasks accordingly, monitoring performance, and conducting regular follow-ups with business objectives.
- Identify Opportunities
Hold discussions with stakeholders about strategic direction and analyze financial reports, customer profitability, and other company data, directors of transportation are well equipped to spot trends and opportunities.
To further optimize the transportation network from the inside,constantly research and test software tools, management methodologies, and workflow processes.
- Oversee Expenses
Oversee the entire budgeting process from proposal to expense control. Maintain awareness of all financial transactions, ensuring that projects are in line with their allotted budgets and establishing rates with carriers and providers.
- Drive Compliance
Establish compliance of all programs with global regulations. In addition, address safety concerns and customer complaints promptly.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent industry experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in Transportation management and leadership.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing resources and building effective global teams.
- Carrier and Provider sourcing and procurement experience required.
- Previous Retail/ FMCG experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with various TMS and WMS required.
- Proven track record in successfully leading complex and cross-functional projects.