Position: Vice President of Logistics and Distribution
Location: Hong Kong
Our client is a Global Retailer.
The ideal candidate is an experienced retail operations executive who has generated significant impact through the strategic and tactical direction of both fulfillment centers & 3PL partners. The role will direct and develop director-level department heads in distribution (receiving, replenishment, order fulfillment and returns processing, performance measurements).
- Develop long-range objectives and strategies for the distribution centers, monitor performance against these objectives and provide feedback to site direct report(s) and team members.
- Create standard operating procedures and best practices in terms of performance monitoring in order to optimize quality and delivery time.
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations.
- Define information systems requirements to support process improvements initiates. Integrate the technology, quality, purchasing and logistics functions to support product and process excellence.
- Provides leadership, supports, motivates, directs and retains high-caliber staff.
- Develop and implement ongoing staff performance and career development programs.
- Strive to achieve world-class supply chain, warehousing, forward and reverse logistics operations
- Promotes “total customer satisfaction” (delivery, quality etc.) within all Operations teams.
- Ensure employee safety at the Distribution Center(s)
- Manage logistics and outbound transportation processes, negotiate parcel freight programs. Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
Develop and manage annual operations budgets.
- Build an open and honest communication line with the organization
- When necessary, develop and direct the management of the company’s remote fulfillment/distribution center(s) that will ensure, cost-efficient shipping direct to customers and effective processing of returns.
- Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports
- 15+ years of broad logistics and supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions
- Ability to manage Third Party Logistics (3PL), freight companies and other logistics suppliers
- Supplier negotiation skills, proven cost reduction efforts and experience with contracts
- Demonstrable analytical abilities to assess financial impacts of any changes to logistics service requirements
- In depth knowledge and experience with key supply chain/logistics processes, best practices,and implementing process improvements
- Excellent computer skills including experience utilizing multiple ERP & WMS systems; also strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, financial & P&L skill required
- A high sense of urgency & the ability to build & lead strong teams to achieve new levels of performance
- Experience supporting and developing emerging markets
- Experience directing the operations in a multi-site supply chain system