We are working closely with one of our top logistics clients to identify a Global Head of Ocean
The Global Head of Ocean will lead the Global Ocean Services business. You will be tasked with developing the most effective ocean solutions for the world’s fastest growing consumer and e-commerce businesses. You’ll be responsible for delivering our ambitious growth targets in ocean freight FCL and LCL volumes as well as freight management and other value-added supply chain services. Partner with our growing technology team working at the forefront of the industry to develop solutions and surface data that delivers a win-win for customers and global ocean carriers looking for more stability in a difficult market. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please apply to lead our global Ocean team.
What you'll do:
• Lead the Global Ocean Freight team including strategic procurement, demand and supply management, planning strategy & operations as well as global drayage.
• Have overall volume and P&L target responsibility for all our Ocean services.
• Balance growth in volume on key trades while maintaining target unit economics.
• Ensure global competitiveness with a focus on our core tradelanes.
• Actively manage ocean price volatility risk to limit financial exposure whilst ensuring a competitive market offering to customers.
• Manage a global team across Europe, Asia, Middle East and Americas
• Develop best in class global ocean planning and allocation management capabilities combining technology led forecasting, deep customer understanding and local expertise.
• Develop strategic relationships with the shipping lines developing win-win distribution and technology partnerships
• Work closely with our COO, CRO, VP CS, CPTO and other leaders in the business to align on growth strategies, customer needs, operational processes, and technology focus areas.
• Report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and co-founder
• Ensure we are recruiting and training the best talent into the Ocean team.
• Be the face of our Ocean business to customers, investors, suppliers, and the market.
What you Should Have:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 10 years of direct FCL and LCL experience preferable with a global NVOCC
• Minimum of 10 years of direct people management experience
• Working relationships with leadership and trade teams at the global ocean carriers.
• Ability to travel regularly
• A belief in data as the means to answer complicated questions and drive improvements
• Strong ability to build internal and external relationships
• Experience scaling business quickly with limited support and resources
• Broad market and industry knowledge
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency presenting to both internal and external audiences
• A passion for technology and experience bringing new technology products into businesses to drive internal change and improvements for the customer.
• A track record of working successfully across functions including sales and marketing, technology, product, and operations.