Our client is a leading consumer goods company.
This role will be responsible for building a best-in-class logistics network, hiring the right partners (truckload, intermodal, and less-than-truckload (LTL)) and Delivery agents with the goal of providing an excellent customer experience.
This is a unique role that operates at the intersection of network strategy, transportation planning, ground operations, finance and technology. And has frequent executive interaction and clear outcomes that line up with CEO/COO top-level priorities.
- Design, manage and run the overall procurement strategy for North America Transportation and Delivery network- Multi billion dollar annual spend across 100+ 3rd party service providers.
- Design the network strategy (own vs 3rd party) to deliver industry leading reliability and speed in alignment with the changing market and evolving internal and external customer as our volume grows dramatically over the coming years
- Lead and execute all 3rd party service provider RFPs (Truckload, intermodal, and less-than-truckload (LTL), delivery agents etc) and sourcing events
- Negotiate pricing and contract service terms with best optimal providers (managed for speed, quality, reliability, customer experience and costs comprehensively).
- Work cross-functionally across all Transportation and broader supply chain teams to ensure partners are chosen and integrated with an optimal approach.
- Put an operational system in place, rooted in data visibility and tight management of metrics, that leads to continuous management and improvement of our 3rd party
- Enable transformational cross-functional projects (some might be industry firsts) e.g. consolidated deliveries; uberised model for First- and middle-mile fleet, orchestrated carrier management to unlock speed and capacity esp. in the Small parcel space.
- Engage with C-level executives to clearly articulate the roadmap and status on highly visible initiatives
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 10+ years in management role with substantial experience in logistics/ supply chain/ecommerce space with strong focus on procurement
- A track record of successful negotiation (contacting potential vendors, negotiating bonus malus terms, and converting leads to contracts) and relationship management skills.
- Experience with building carrier/supply chain networks.
- Experience in rigorous, granular 3rd party performance measurement and management
- Proven analytical ability coupled with strong business acumen–demonstrated ability to use data to drive business decisions
- Experience in hiring and building high-performance teams and guiding them to use technology to constantly achieve peak efficiency
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, ideation, data gathering, and modeling, problem-solving and communicating recommendations
- Ability to thrive in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must.