Alcott Global is retained to identify Supply Chain Leader to be based in Canada. The position is instrumental in driving Processes and creating structure and growth initiatives within Canada.
As a member of the Canadian team and as a member of the extended international leadership team, the head of Supply chain and Procurement will be responsible for the overall management of the Supply Chain including Integrated Business Planning, Demand Planning and Inventory Management, Customer Service, Sourcing, Purchasing, Packaging Development, Third-party Logistics, Co-packing domestically and abroad.
Leadership/Management of Supply Chain:
- Provide strategic planning, development, operations and on-going improvement for all facets of the end-to-end supply chain functions
- Manage third party responsibilities including warehousing, co-packing and distribution to required service levels, and with a focus on optimizing capacity and service delivery for short/mid/long term plan. Develop new strategies to enhance service levels and improve overall performance while reducing costs through productivity and continuous improvement
- Optimize intercompany purchasing including sourcing and inbound logistics while adhering to intercompany and industry standards and procedures
- Strategically lead cost savings program, providing the organization with options and recommendations to drive down unit cost and improve gross margin
- Direct and lead the purchasing and negotiation strategies, programs and activities for the organization in an efficient and cost effective manner. Establish strong working relationships with strategic partners to optimize value creation for all parties
- Oversee the strategic and operational performance of the Customer Supply Chain and Logistics Operational areas, ensuring quality results in support of sales growth and improvements in operational efficiency
- Oversee and steward the New Product Introduction process, and create the foundation for broader Product Lifecycle Management within the business.
- Effectively lead efforts to drive an outstanding customer experience in an efficient and cost effective manner while meeting the needs of all internal and external customers.
- Deliver SC KPIs: Controllable Expenses, Customer Service, Quality and Annual Savings
Integrated Business Planning:
- Lead the sales & operations planning process through balance of supply & demand and inventory management. Integrate metrics within the S&OP process to maintain visibility to stakeholders. Lead a step-change into Integrated Business Planning connecting with corporate planning cycles
- Partner with sales and marketing, to ensure the demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable volume forecast (mid and long term) and ensuring gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives
- Lead the continuous improvement process and cultural changes associated with the IBP process with all stakeholders and departments
Quality Assurance, Regulatory and Consumer Affairs:
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of programs to ensure all products are in compliance with or exceeds product quality standards and good manufacturing processes
- Ensure regulatory compliance as it relates to new and existing products, new Retail initiatives and applicable business practices. Drive continuous improvement of the current regulatory process; as well as interpretation and use of changing regulations to the benefit of the company
- Contribute to Canada strategies, culture and people development to deliver long term objectives of profitable growth
- Actively participate and represent CanadiHCP committees and industry associations (ie.FHCP)
- Comprehensive and broad knowledge of general business principles and specific supply chain theory and best practice gained through a University Degree and Functional Designation (APIC, PMAC or CITT)
- Minimum 10-15 years relevant work experience with deep comprehensive and broad working experience in supply chain, logistics, distribution, planning and S&OP processes
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role managing multiple functions and diverse teams
- Understanding of advanced Supply Chain concepts and their financial impact (inventory turns, cash flow and working capital)
- Knowledge of Canadian requirements regarding regulations, quality assurance and recall procedures
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate people with a variety of skill sets
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills