About the job
Our client's vision is to expand aggressively an international logistics platform offering (SaaS).
On the journey to build a top digital forwarding offering, our client is looking for the Global Head to manage the scale up of the organizations, processes and partner network while collaborating closely with the technology partner team to build out the technological backbone required to operate effectively and efficiently at scale (~1 to 1.5 Mio TEUs/year).
- Drive scale-up from 100k containers to 500k containers in a short period of 3-4 years.
- Lead and scale current team of 400+ team members across Sales, Operations, Network design, Customs, Trade, Product and Engineering
- Manage global factories, sourcing hubs, 3PL and forwarder relationships including management of key operating metrics and financials for each of the relationships
- Scale up the product offering to 15,000 partners, providers, and network points
- Refine the customer experience measurement processes, set trajectory, and manage the ongoing tracking & reporting.
- Continuously drive product and technology teams to bring about step changes toward being the best-in-class management
- Work closely with the sales team to define the on-boarding process and ensure seamless onboarding at all times.
- Drive all executive decisions required to determine the footprint of the team.
- Work with commercial teams to influence identification, selection, negotiation and
- implementation of any third-party firms required in support origin Operations in Asia and South America and other origin geographies.
- Define operating procedures, SLAs, and reporting frameworks for the operations team, agents, and third parties used.
- Define the operations process, management checklists, escalation processes and compliance assessments for the end-to-end process.