Head of Regional Procurement, Europe
Job Location: Europe
We are looking for an exceptional and collaborative leader to be the Head of Regional Procurement, Europe, for one of the world’s leading logistics companies. This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of a significant strategic transformation and, growth push in of the top global logistics companies. The role will be responsible for managing a sizable spend as well as an aggressive commercial growth agenda. This includes managing and developing a large procurement team and working closely with the stakeholders to drive organizational transformation and support the growth journey. The role requires very strong leadership skills as well as strong strategic understanding and planning abilities. Experience in supply chain management, contract and lead logistics, fulfilment services, landside transportation and procurement are expected. Awareness of cost drivers, market knowledge, digital experience will be highly valued as these skills will be key to succeed in the role.
- Joining the Global Logistics company, you will embark on a great journey with excellent career development opportunities in a global organization.
- You can be assured of a positive and diverse work environment where new ideas are always welcome.
- You will develop and motivate a team of highly skilled, cross cultural procurement professionals and be an active member of the Leadership Team, driving results and engagement across the business.
- You will personally lead several high impacts sourcing projects, collaborating with a range of external partners across the transportation industry.
- You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues requiring regular engagement, coordination, and collaboration with key stakeholders across various management levels within the Global Logistics company.
- A key role in the Procurement is to drive Global Sustainability agenda. ESG is one of the strategic enablers for the Company’s Procurement, and you will be joining a group of passionate people which want to be part of making the world a better place to be by help impacting thousands of our suppliers globally to drive sustainability outcomes.
- Managing one of the largest Procurement teams. This will include team members sitting in several offices across the Region.
- Be responsible for owning and developing the Europe procurement strategy to meet the business needs. Translating the strategy into plan and execution.
- Partner with the Regional Product, Sales, Customer Service and Finance teams on long term plans, including growth projects and ensure alignment between commercial needs, customer experience, operational execution and cost.
- Significantly uplift and bind the Area Procurement Strategy to a Regional level and create a Regional view on strategic categories, in strong collaboration with the Regional Director.
- Working closely in a Matrix organization that will involve harmonizing Regional procurement efforts with working closely with the Centre Procurement teams in close collaboration.
- Hold senior relationships with key strategic suppliers.
- Accountable for integrating Contract Management frameworks to help ensure compliance and best in class supplier performance.
- Driving a strong digital transformation agenda within automation of procurement activities as well as supplier engagement.
- Performing continuous improvement on supplier market analytics and creating a competitive edge for Company book of business through creating effective supply chains through our suppliers.
- Maintain and grow the relationship with the commercial Regional directors and support Regional strategy development.
- Ensure Company has value and cost leadership in each of the cost categories in the various areas’ landside transportation, contract logistics & lead logistics to make us attractive for our customers in our service offering to them.
- We also expect the person in this role to collaborate closely with their counterparts in the other procurement team to provide a seamless and strategic ‘one stop shop’ outcome to our customers, as part of the Company’s integrator strategy, which in practise will bind the 4 pillars of transported, managed, fulfilled and powered by the Company, as part of Regional procurement strategy.
- In the leadership role it will be key that the right candidate are able to engage and connect with the regional Leadership and key stakeholders to truly continue the change process to become one with the business and grow alongside the business growth agenda.
Who we are looking for:
- 10 years of experience in Logistics, specifically landside transportation, Warehousing, Cold Chain, contract logistics and Supply chain management.
- A Degree in a Business/Supply Chain Management or a related field is preferable.
- Strong strategic mindset and planning abilities.
- Proven Leadership experience, including team building capability.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to lead digital change and transformation.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment.
- High learning agility.
- Ability to constructively challenge and bring change.
- Bring structure to a fast-moving procurement organisation/business, by driving standardization & continues process improvement.
- Able to build and attract talent within the procurement and supply chain space.
- Be a genuine leader which create strong collaboration within own procurement organisation and with the regional leadership team.