Alcott Global is partnering with the world's leading packaging Company to identify its new Global Procurement Manager for Chemical and other Materials experience based in Singapore. Chemical Experience is at the Core of the role.
The successful candidate will assist in managing the tender cycle for chemicals and other materials that the client requires for its businesses, track movements in commodities / relevant indices, be able to and decide on the best and most cost-effective purchases (spot vs contract).
The key aptitude is Chemical procurement or operational experience and good analytical skills (RFI, RFQ).
- Commodity Chemicals – Caustic Soda, Hypo, Alum Sulphate, Sodium Sulphate, Boric Acid, Paper Coatings. The role is key in Visy’s Chemical Procurement providing global options for each chemical used to manufacture paper. The role is the Link between the Australian Operations and Divisional Procurement Manager for Paper and directs our China Procurement Office for sourcing options. The role has the scope to develop into taking the negotiating lead.
- Sole Responsibility Blending Raw Materials mainly for the Visy Glass business- Alumina, Carbon, Selenium, Chromite, Iron Sand
- Bleached Pulp – used in the manufacture of white-lined paper
- Watching Brief on the Global Starch Market used in manufacturing
He/she will be able to operate in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. The culture is fun and constantly evolving so the successful candidate must thrive in such an environment. He/she must also have a good eye for detail and be able to follow through on the whole purchasing process and be a clear communicator at all times. Additionally, an ability to negotiate and be “shrewd with numbers” and at the same time get deals done. Apart from being commercially minded, he/she will be a quick learner and problem solver who can hit the ground running.
- Identify key Chemical and other materials and strategically source through the Singapore procurement function
- Optimize revenue through the Singapore office for all materials and commodities
- Liaise closely with Australian-based Divisional Procurement Managers to realize cost-saving opportunities for materials and commodities
- Manage channeling of purchasing through correct buying streams
- Ensure supply continuity of key raw materials at all times
- Identify & drive sourcing & saving opportunities across Divisions
- Analyze supplier pricing and cost structures to support negotiation strategy
- Pro-actively contribute operational savings that meet and exceed the overall Group procurement savings target
- Develop strong relationships with operational contacts (manufacturing, engineering, etc.) in conjunction with the Divisional Procurement Managers
- An ability to ‘roll up their sleeves and navigate confidently in ambiguous situations with minimal infrastructure and support.
- Zero stockouts through a willingness to oversee the back-office expediting
- $ savings delivered to companywide procurement target
- Successful execution and compliance of negotiated materials agreements
- % Spend with preferred/contracted suppliers across business units
- Monitor Chemical and other material trends and implement strategies to always ensure market competitive pricing – communicate trends to a wider group
- Zero stock out supply issues across key materials and commodities due to supplier issues
- Teamwork and leadership across companywide procurement function
- Feedback from operational Divisional Procurement Managers on procurement support and efficiency
- Rationalization of the supplier base to agreed targets and innovation of all key materials through Singapore
- Prior experience in the Chemical area with knowledge and experience.
- In-depth materials and commodity knowledge of chemicals, including a thorough understanding of key feedstock and commodity price drivers, supply/demand trends, supply options pros and cons (spot vs contract), formula-based pricing, and customer focus (internal/external).
- Strong negotiation skills – high value / complex negotiations / ability to deal with senior management
- Knowledge of best practices procure-to-pay processes (P2P) and tools in an SAP environment.
- Tender Experience (RFI, RFQ to Contract)
- Ability to identify and qualify new Asian Suppliers combined with effective supplier relationship management skills
- An understanding of contract law, development, and maintenance; Supply chain management (total cost of purchase)