Alcott Global is partnering with the world's leading packaging Company to identify its new Pricing Manager based in Singapore. This role will be part of the Global Commercial Excellence portfolio and is focusses on the design and delivery of standardised, global commercial best practices that maximize sales growth & profitable revenue, including programs to consistently improve pricing, salesforce effectiveness, sector & segment focus, product mix, customer selection and focus, and supplier management.
• Formulate competitive end to end pricing and global tender management including modelling & analysis (all modes of transport).
• Manage customer tender process – RFI / RFQ / RFP / e-Action / Spot quote, working closely with the Global Sales Team, Product/Route Management, various own and Network offices globally.
• Support all sales channels (Global, Regional, Country) with end-to-end pricing solutions.
• Work with Product/Route Management, develop, implement, and maintain (route-specific) pricing strategies and minimum rate guidelines (in Catapult QMS) for countries to follow in ensuring best offerings that benefit business growth, improved revenue and margins.
• Analyse customer margins and work with sales, procurement and operations teams to ensure profitable contracts.
• Providing key information support for strategic planning, market analysis, commercial reporting and presentation to Management.
• Conducting strategic reviews and “deep dive” analysis as agreed: post excise reviews. Assess impact and implications of key changes / events. Risk analysis (Price Driven) and recommend response to drive strategic growth agenda.
• Commercial insight on Pricing: Providing the cluster with pricing expertise and commercial insights allowing for a development of relevant pricing and excise strategies, which maximise competitive market advantage, across channels and brand formats.
• Prepare complex pricing proposals for internal and external customers for logistics services.
• Create and maintain standard pricing models and structures.
• Prepare reports to review rate levels, ensuring accurate system maintenance and margin controls.
• Identify ownership and develop or assist in the development of a data governance framework.
• Identify best practice and lessons learnt across the organisation by implementing a compliance environment with global and local standards.
• Ensure compliance requirements of a regulatory or governance nature are met at all times.
• Degree in Commerce, Business or Logistics or related field.
• Logistics (shipping, air, road, intermodal) industry experience preferred.
• Prior experience in a similar role including solid exposure to managing pricing processes, implementing pricing initiatives, and creating a pricing process documentation.
• Experience in Tariff management, Tender management and contract management.
• Possess a strong understanding of pricing strategies and concepts.
• Preferably experience with Cargowise System and Catapult QMS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strategic thinker.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with strong attention to details.
• Advanced analytics acumen and ability to translate results into action.
• Strong financial acumen and business understanding.
• Ability to succeed in cross-cultural environment.
• Ability to present complex analysis in understandable forms to executive business stakeholders.