Alcott Global is partnering with a leading Pharma Supply Chain SaaS provider to build their senior commercial team through the hyper growth journey. We are retained by our client to look for the Business Development Director, Life Sciences.
Their aspiration is to be the leading platform for digitalization, automation, and transformation of the Pharma Supply chain. With this, they aim to provide E2E visibility for targeted segments of the Pharma industry.
Their culture embodies 4 core values: Creativity, Transparency, Excellence and Fun. They travel at high speed, make mistakes, learn from it and adapt to new directions. And they do it in teamwork!
The Director of Sales & Business Development will be a key stakeholder in strategy development and implementation and driving the strategic growth agenda – with Sales focus on Pharma Logistics and Supply Chain. The objective is to enable the organisation to achieve their growth aspirations, consistently strengthening and reinforcing their brand, as well as deepening our engagement and adding value to their clients.
This is a high impact, strategic and hands-on position, requiring a high degree of creativity and excellence in strategy and execution in a dynamic environment along with focus on customer orientation.
- Building Sales Pipeline – prospects, active pipeline enabling growth targets by developing a portfolio of prospects
- Land first sale of a solutions to new customers and manage the initial implementation within the commercial team
- Closing deals – hitting sales, adoption and growth targets
- Key contact to the customer to understand their strategy and direction in order to develop opportunities to grow the business
- Defining the customer strategy and creating a detailed Account Plan
- Reviewing sales performance & closely collaborating with Customer Experience
- Finding and building rapport with the right customers to achieve the company targets
- Target new customer for business expansion
- Identifying sales opportunities for development in existing and new customers
- Developing win strategies in cross-functional collaboration
- Implementing a sales and operational planning communication with customers
- Participating in client meetings / workshops and provide effective suggestions and feedback
- Team collaboration, customer centricity, innovative mindset and high sense of ownership are keys for being successful
- Proven track record in international supply chain management or 8+ years of experience with selling complex (e.g.3PL, 4PL) products from logistics provider side.
- Understanding of the dynamics in the logistics sector between partners and their needs
- Experience from a logistics company with Pharma, preferably logistics solutions
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and their logistical needs
- Key Accounts management skills
- Project Management skills, experienced in new sales opportunities and project launch
- Ability to co-ordinate and mentor teams to maintain governance and compliance on project management
- Ability to be an engaged member of a virtual team
- Fluent in English