Director Global HR, this is your challenge
Are you an HR leader who is looking for working with an organisation that works to keep its customers and employees at the heart of what it does. Are you looking for a role where you can be entrepreneurial and set up the HR Organisation of the future?
Our client is a global Logistics and Supply Chain services organisation which provides solutions for a wide range of industries along the entire supply chain, including multimodal transport, warehousing, customs clearance, and innovative value-added services. The company believes in a culture where agile and pragmatic people come together to give the best solutions for their customers, while having fun and ensuring that the employees have utmost respect and care.
About the Job
As Global HR Director, you will lead a team of HR Business Partners, HR Operations executives and Learning and L&D.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to work in an organisation which is on a journey to build-up its HR function across the globe.
Your people focus, influencing skills, sensitivity, pragmatic problem solving, change management and communication skills will be needed to create a modern HR organisation enabling the business growth. This role based in Dusseldorf, Germany will be part of the Group HR Leadership team and will report to the Group head of HR.
- Being part of the Global Business Unit Management Team, lead the people and culture agenda for the Business Unit, and strengthen the Business Unit HR teams across the organisation
- Develop and implement the People & Culture strategy as well as the defined actions and standards for people processes which include Employee Lifecycle Management, Employer Branding, Talent Acquisition, Engagement, Culture, Learning & Development
- Bring the culture of leveraging data and analytics at the heart of people decision making
- Be a leader in the “Group HR board” and contribute to the development of the group-wide People & Culture Strategy and champion the key projects.
- Be a collaborator and connector with the leaders within the Business Unit and across the Global HR team
- Be a strategic partner with the business unit leader for any Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Work experience of minimum 10+ years within HR of which at least three years as People Leader
- Experience in an international (matrix) environment and/or international background, eager to work with management across the globe
- In-depth HR generalist with good understanding of what is needed in a growing company
- Strategic thinker, combined with a pragmatic approach to innovate and professionalize
- Ability to get into details when needed and get the hands dirty and have a service mentality.
- Ability to navigate in ambiguous, fast paced culture
- Ability to assume responsibility and take decisions, in uncertain circumstances
- Ability to create a culture of collaboration and trust with teams across cultural and continental borders
- Capable of managing, influencing, and involving various stakeholders
- Knowledge of German Labour regulations will be an added advantage.