Alcott Global is retained to search for a Director, Global Procurement with one of the world's leading consumer food companies. We are looking for an agile leader who has successfully transformed the global procurement function and teams contributing to the realization of the organization’s growth and goals.
- Establishing a global procurement structure and establishing a world-class procurement organization
- Standardizing procurement policy/process/authorization level/payment terms, etc.
- Utilize technology for the procurement function and Implement e-auction
- Developing procurement management strategies and best practices to ensure maximum value in line with the global business strategy.
- Designing and implementing a proper supplier base across the globe to keep a relationship with major suppliers that will guarantee access to innovation
- Negotiating prices with suppliers on behalf of the company to ensure that costs are kept low while maintaining high-quality standards
- Creating demand forecasts based on market research and industry trends to predict future demand for products or services
- Reviewing bids from suppliers to ensure that they comply with specified requirements
- Ensuring relationships with key stakeholders in the business are fostered to maintain and improve compliance
- Managing supplier performance by monitoring delivery time frames and the quality of goods or services provided
- Monitoring inventory levels to ensure that there is enough supply to meet demand
- Communicating effectively to all levels of the company regarding procurement status.
- Lead, coach and train a team of direct reports
- Master/Bachelor’s degree in economics, food, business, supply chain management or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in increasing scope and responsibility within procurement/supply chain, ideally within the consumer-packaged food industry.
- Lead with a continuous improvement mindset and can-do attitude.
- Strong understanding of procurement, business, and food/raw material industry.
- Ability to understand/communicate/present and execute procurement strategies
- Navigate within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Successfully lead or participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract management and resolution procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.