Alcott Global is retained by an international consumer goods company to search for a Global Vice President Sustainability. The role is based in Europe.
As the VP Sustainability, you’ll build a new function from scratch, and be responsible for spearheading initiatives aimed at reducing the organization's carbon footprint and minimizing its environmental impact. The role will focus on developing and implementing global strategies to enhance environmental sustainability, energy efficiency, and overall EHS (environment, health, and safety) responsibility.
- Define and build the function, develop and implement a comprehensive global EHS & Sustainability strategy aligned with the company’s overall business objectives.
- Drive global environmental sustainability programs with a focus on minimizing carbon footprint, optimizing water usage, and reducing waste generation.
- Establish a world-class safety culture globally by implementing proactive measures to prevent accidents and occupational hazards.
- Develop and implement standardized health and safety policies and procedures to ensure a uniform approach across all regions.
- Stay abreast of global EHS and sustainability regulations, ensuring company’s compliance across all regions.
- Provide guidance to regional teams to ensure consistent implementation of sustainable practice and EHS strategies to meet local regulatory requirements.
- Build and nurture relationships with internal stakeholders, employees, and external partners on a global scale to foster a culture of sustainability and responsibility.
- Represent the company in international forums and industry initiatives related to
- Develop and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and report on the effectiveness of global EHS and sustainability initiatives.
- Provide regular updates to executive leadership on the progress and impact of sustainability programs.
- 15+ years’ experience in Supply Chain and manufacturing functions, demonstrating a profound understanding of the field.
- Strong understanding of international environmental regulations, safety standards, and sustainable business practices. Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing global sustainability and EHS strategies.
- Extensive experience in food and beverage or agriculture manufacturing industry, and familiarity with supply chain best practices
- Experience in senior leadership roles focused on EHS and sustainability, effectively leading and guiding teams to success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of successful collaboration with different stakeholders from multiple countries and organizational levels
- Good communication and presentation skills