Head of Supply Chain Consulting (Asia)
Position Title: Head of Supply Chain Consulting (Asia)
Business Unit: Logistics/SCM
Department: Supply Chain Solutions
Reports to: SVP
The head of Supply Chain Consulting is responsible for the leadership of a team within Supply Chain Solutions that is responsible for the delivery of analytical studies, consulting engagements or similar for existing or prospective customers to identify joint value to support Toll sales and service expansion objectives.
- Engage with new and existing customers on open-ended opportunities to optimize their supply chain. Responsible for all aspects of the engagement from the concept stage through to completion of the study and handover of agreed work products to the customer and business stakeholders.
- Develop work plan, resource estimates and budget requirements that represent the level of effort required to support the engagements.
- Ensure that there is value from the engagement or alternatively corresponding fees/commercial understanding for the task.
- Schedule team resources and prioritise opportunities in collaboration with team members and business stakeholders, and where necessary manage allocation to ensure team members have manageable workload and can complete tasks within allotment timeframe.
- Engage with Business developments leaders, Account Managers and Country Logistics managers to assist in reviewing/improving customer supply chain activities.
- Define the scope of work, project approach, timeline, deliverables, and pricing for the consulting work.
- Review project progress and monitor key miles stones and deliverables.
- Compile professional recommendations based on analysis inclusive of operational, service and financial impacts.
- Responsible for project delivery leadership, involved in business development and delivering strong proposals.
- Conduct end to end network studies or part thereof in consideration of customers’ problem statements.
- Lead the use of both standard tools (e.g. Lllamasoft, Infor, Paragon, Gurobi etc) and customized solutions in supporting the modelling of scenarios and simulations
- Co-ordinate cohesively the total supply chain design which will require knowledge and collaboration from freight, operations, customs, intralogistics, transportation and other teams within and outside of Toll.
- Develop, adopt and conduct training programs in the areas of Bid Management, Reference Library Navigation and Professional Proposal Development.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Conversion Rate
- Total Wins (shared with Vertical Market/Key Account)
- Total number of trained staff
- Service level/response rate
SKILLS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
(Doing skills – job related knowledge, policies, procedures, techniques).
- Strong knowledge and awareness of supply chain fundamentals and processes across the end-to-end supply chain.
- Excellent facilitation and analytical skills.
- Strong result-oriented project approach and ability to deliver results on time, on budget, and to the very highest standards.
- Drives a structured approach to engagement management with utilization of standard consulting methodology and tools.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain applications and operational knowledge of network design, transport routing and management, warehouse layout and operations, freight forwarding, inventory management systems and principles, lean or TQM principles, planning and forecasting systems and principle.
- Running large- and small-scale projects.
- Fluent in English and other/Asian languages beneficial
- Cultural understanding and working history in Asia beneficial.
- Stakeholder management.
(Understanding of business concepts, knowledge of the organisation, profitability).
- Very strong communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Business and commercial acumen with respect to the engagement benefits case assessment where relevant
- Strong team organization management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Builds a good rapport and reference with customers and colleagues in terms of engagement progress, supply chain trusted advisor and enhancing overall reputation of the Toll Group.
- Professional and strong presentation skills to customer senior management, Steering Committee and/or other internal and external engagement stakeholders
- Able to travel (during normal situation) on engagement requirements where needed.
(People skills in servicing, influencing, developing and leading others).
- Action oriented and results driven with strong drive and resilience.
- Culturally diverse and able to work with people of differing backgrounds and languages.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at any level.
- A willingness to see things through to the end to a successful outcome.
- Team player comfortable working with other professionals.
- Ability to influence people at all levels.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A leader able to demonstrate enthusiasm and passion to work together.
- Willingness to take on ownership and accountability.
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
(Demonstrated in previous roles and the individual’s career track record).
- Able to demonstrate consulting capability through previous successful projects.
- Able to demonstrate a structured approach to consulting engagements with development and utilization of standard methodology from previous roles and functions.
- Intelligent and lateral thinker
- Highly results orientated.
- Demonstrates a hands on approach
- Team player, as member and creating high performing environment
- Innovative and creative
- Drive for continuous improvement.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good personal reference in terms of consulting capability and personal attributes
- Design Thinking and Workshop Skills
Tertiary: Undergraduate qualifications in Business, Logistics/Engineering or Supply Chain Management and/or MBA or M Engineering/ M Mathematics and/or M Logistics/SCM. Or equivalent experience.
Professional: Over 15 years working experience in related Logistics industry in at least two different Asian countries or regional roles, with at least 3-5 years of experience within or managing consulting team/services.
Other: Financial and Mathematical/OR Modelling Skills
Computer Literacy: Strong MS Office, MS Teams, incl Excel modelling with VB. Working knowledge of Logistics systems incl WMS/TMS/ERP and interfacing thereof an advantage.
(To what extent does this position manage or have responsibility for the following).
- Budget (sales, operating, salaries etc.)
- Based on each specific client project
- No of Direct Reports: 2+ No of Indirect Reports: No of Matrix Reports:
- Geographical scope:
Asia specifically but may include other geographies from time to time.