Reports: Regional OPS Manager - ASIA
Direct Report: Ops Team and Local Sales Team
As the Branch Manager, you will lead Singapore branch’ holistic performance to the standards and expectations embedded in our clients’ 5 year plan.
To this end, Our Client is seeking to employ a seasoned and astute Global Forwarding specialist, who will:
1. Lead the day-to-day operations through hands-on, expert and proactive leadership;
2. Ensure cost competitiveness and margin security by developing a highly productive and efficient branch operation;
3. Achieve brand differentiation through solutions design, customer centricity and personalised service;
4. Identify, nurture and develop top line growth opportunities & strategies.
This role is responsible for pro-actively:-
1. Developing and implementing strategies for continued growth; identifying and capitalising on opportunities to maximise performance and profit while working within a matrix structure;
2. Developing and delivering budgets in line with the business plan and keeping in line with the long-term objectives of the business;
3. Working with the GM Sales & Business Development in continual increased customer growth in line with our clients
Products & Services and agreed strategy;
4. Drive customer alignment/centricity; business simplification; business accuracy and business productivity;
5. Drive a continuous improvement approach to all aspects of the branch operations, ensuring optimisation of off-shoring,
control towers, and centralisation.
Full P&L responsibility for the Branch performance in line with agreed budgets, revenue and EBIT targets.
Develops, drives and implements analysis, initiatives and activities for:-
o Budgetary planning, implementation, delivery and improvement
o Operational reporting (Standardised Scorecard),
o Budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures
Accomplishes objectives by establishing plans, budgets and results
measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-
Ongoing, standardised and systemic analyses of activities, costs,
operations and forecast data to determine department or division
progress toward stated goals and objectives
Safety & Compliance
Implement strategies, tactics, interventions and tools to address trends
and drive performance.
Lead adherence to regulatory and site conditions as defined in policy
and guidelines, for the protection of the people, environment and
People Management and Development
Identify and facilitate the career development of high performers
Support the reduction of turnover by undertanding key drivers for leavers
Creating a high performing, proactive and inclusive working environment
Provide a safe working environment within your area of responsibility, supporting a “safety first” culture
Customer Growth & Sales
Service Excellence. Promote and strive for a positive customer service experience to both internal and external stakeholders. Develop systemic & automated processes and measurement. Develop & drive culture.
Work with GM Sales & Business Development for strategic marketing & Brand awareness and continue to evolve periodically
Ensure team adhere to reporting and financial requirements from a team perspective in addition to each individual
Sales team to originate, leverage and execute scale opportunites globally in line with sectors, products and service
Delevoping a high degree of trust and confidence from the Internal and External customer base – delivered through service, solution, honesty and structured approach.
Ensuring proactive and disciplined management of the organisational strategy and implementation thereof.
Desirable (preferable for the role)
Tertiary Qualification – Bachelors Degree
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Logistics and Supply Chain or Manufacturing environment
Mandatory (critical for the role)
High degree of business maturity and emotional intelligence
Planning, organising and structure
Analytical and data driven
Influencing within a change management environment
Hands on leadership
Results orientated and pace driven
Accountability and ownership
Team player and team manager/galvaniser
Strong safety focus – zero harm