POSITION: General Manager, Operations
TEAM: 20 People (40 including IT)
REPORTS TO: COO
One of the largest and fastest growing retailers in Australia.
- Overall accountability for ensuring the day-to-day operations and forward strategy of the international supply chain network.
- Executing a reliable supply chain network ensuring product availability is high and lost sales minimized while optimizing overall stock levels throughout the network nodes
- Digitization of supply chain processes to enable better visibility and improved decision-making through the creation of a control tower setup and a working S&OP process
- Improve planning processes with the supplier base to optimize supply and improve supply chain responsiveness
- Develop short-medium- and long-term distribution strategy to maximize product availability and optimize inventory holding
- Collaborates effectively with Inventory and domestic supply chain functions to drive end-to-end supply chain outcomes that enhances product availability and improves supply chain responsiveness
- Develops effective network strategy leveraging nodes throughout the network with product predictability to ensure service levels at optimal cost
- Understands commercial drivers across the company and international supply chain network intimately
- Monitors both operations and transport cost across the network
- Effectively balanced cost of operations and service levels to maximize bottom-line impact
- Identifies improvement opportunities and executes effectively
- Understands broader industry trends and effectively leverages these to maintain competitive advantage for the company.
- Ensures the international supply chain network is optimized in such a way that they deliver operational excellence to all stakeholders
- Ensures risks are assessed, mitigated and monitored
- Escalates roadblocks and recommendations to appropriate stakeholders
- Effectively identifies and mitigates risks to deliver a high-quality outcome
- Build digital view of manufacturing capacity, network capacity, inventory holding and future sales demand
- Build effective operating rhythm bringing together relevant stakeholders to evaluate data and take proactive action
- Optimize Network throughput in line with forward demand to maximize sales
- Develop stockholding capability along strategic nodes of the supply chain
- Build multi-speed network allowing urgent product to flow to a faster supply chain process
- Improve timing of allocation decision points by innovating origin processes to leverage stock across destinations and countries
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/supply chain management/business administration
- Minimum 10-15 years demonstrated experiences in business / retail industries
- Excellent business acumen with a sound understanding of financial metrics within supply chain and retail in general
- Ability to manage multiple sites and projects simultaneously and autonomously.
- Deep understanding of planning, supply chain optimization and how to use digital solutions to improve network performance
- Strong alignment of values and behaviors as a leader. Role model for all supply chain teams.
- Proven interpersonal skills, ability to coach, counsel and discipline team members
- Able to make and execute considered decisions in a fast-moving business
- Strong Emotional Intelligence