Head of Sourcing
Location: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore
Prefer Location: Hong Kong
Reports: Head of Operations (Based in the USA)
Our Client is the Seller Centric company reimagining E-commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces globally.
Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of the sourcing growth strategy to achieve the 5-year growth aspiration. Scope to include the following: o Supplier, location, product, and operating model in collaboration with the General Managers of Sourcing
- Sitting within the Global Operations function, Role is managing and growing the Sourcing organization, Project Leadership, Quality and Supply Chain for a broad scope of Sourced OEM Products Asia Pac and European regions.
- Digital Transformation of the sourcing business and product development processes
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of strategic sourcing initiatives
- Responsible for continuously seeking new opportunities, testing, learning, and implementing in an Agile manner
- Strong project management skills including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strategy Development
- Strong planning, leadership, and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in delivery across a program lifecycle
- Experience in leading digital change and transformation
- Demonstrated experience in leading sustainable change
- Strong experience in stakeholder management and communication
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate with influence.
- Proven ability to work effectively in an environment of high activity, competing priorities and time pressures.
- Minimum 8 years demonstrated experiences in business / retail industries
- Specific expertise in Merchandise, Retail, and Sourcing is strongly regarded.
- Key responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies, processes for Asian and Europe-based supply and actively supporting the operational and organizational development.
- Responsible for the development of the strategic sourcing vision for Finished Products within the scope in conjunction with Global operations Vision and Stakeholders from Business Sectors.
- Ensure delivery of sourcing plans regular supply market reviews and sourcing strategy reviews, including providing support and direction to Sector Sourcing projects.
- Development & Maintenance of strategic relationships with key suppliers, and internal business and functional stakeholders.
- Securing and maintenance of Contracts with the Asia Pacific and Europe-based Finished Product suppliers within scope.
- Establish current and long-term objectives and set adequate plans for the future, including the development of Suppliers to meet Group requirements for Cost, Quality, Delivery Reliability, Product Development, and improvement, Code of Conduct, and Environmental Compliance.
- Ensure a high level of ongoing supplier performance relative to Project Implementation, Quality, and Demand Flow supporting the functional teams as required.
- Growing, managing, and retaining sourcing talent locally and globally.
- Excellent leadership skills with a high level of agility, able to work with ambiguity and make sound decisions.
- Keeps the end consumers and customers in mind through an outside-in-perspective to deliver best-in-class experiences.
- Excellent communicator in English is critical, ability to communicate in Chinese is an advantage.
- Willing to travel extensively within China and Asia, with frequent international long haul travel.