Leading FMCG Company
Purpose of the Role
Our client is looking for a professional who will be able to quickly analyse, produce/implement a strategy for the next 1–5-year horizon for shipping with the right balance between the short and the longer term. By building deeper/wider partnerships with carriers, by eventually establishing our client as a customer of choice!
Lead Ocean/Sea procurement to develop sourcing strategies and supplier relationships that will enable our client to realise its growth aspirations. Working with global, regional and country stakeholders you will develop ocean products and senior supplier relationships that will enable the company to execute ocean strategies, grow market share and maximise profit.
Key focus areas include global procurement of ocean freight & capacity, trade lane and ocean product development, spot pricing, supplier relationship management.
The following will outline the day-to-day functions and the team leadership responsibilities
Development and enhancement of product strategies and policies
· Develop, execute and maintain a Core Carrier Program in alignment with the Global Logistics team
· Ensure compliance with corporate policies and government regulatory requirements
Procurement of all ocean-related services
· Work with Regional and Country Managers to manage ocean contract negotiations
· Cultivate & maintain carrier relationships at senior levels
· Procure pricing and service requirements in line with customers’ demands to meet service level and customer’s expectations.
· Manage relationships with LCL co-loaders as well as price & service negotiations for all LCL services
Capacity management & planning
· Leverage global volumes and carrier relationships to ensure sufficient capacity throughout the year through coordination with Global Logistics & Forwarding and Operational Excellence teams.
· Implementation of customer-specific allocations, in conjunction with internal stakeholders, to ensure space and equipment availability in response to business demands
- At least 10 years working experience in ocean freight gained in the shipping/freight forwarding sector with a focus on strategic procurement
- Tertiary education, preferably within international business or commerce discipline
- Expertise in Global freight forwarding and strong industry networks with key decision-makers
- Experience gained working in multinational shipping, logistics & forwarding environment