Head of Mergers & Acquisitions (Global Logistics)
The Head of Mergers and Acquisitions position is instrumental in driving inorganic growth initiatives globally.
This role is responsible for identifying, assessing, and conducting evaluations and diligence on potential inorganic opportunities that are in line with the overall strategic growth objectives for the Business Unit.
The primary focus of the role is to provide input to the business’s M&A strategy and execute the roadmap. This includes setting the strategic fit criteria.
This role will work collaboratively in a matrix environment with other internal functions and regions to assess market potential, strategic and technical relevance, proprietary and legal implications, as well as develop the strategic and financial business case for all potential adjacent inorganic opportunities.
Functional activities within the scope of this role include preparing and presenting opportunities to the board, conducting due diligence of prioritized targets, generating inputs for financial models, and planning integration activities where relevant. The position is ideally located in Europe where the headquarter is situated in.
- Background in supply chain management
- Understanding of the key profitability drivers in logistics and supply chain management
- Experience in project management and execution of each acquisition
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Work with the strategic business development team, to lead a world-class business development function aligned with the Business’s vision and overall business objectives for the company. This will entail the responsibility to identify and evaluate acquisition, partnership and opportunities to facilitate inorganic growth of the business unit’s portfolio.
a. Evaluate the market attractiveness and strategic fit of potential inorganic new businesses/markets/domains that fit and enable the company’s strategy
b. Prepare market taxonomy and/or market space gap analysis and identify specific potential targets for acquisition
- Within the selected spaces, help manage a funnel of inorganic opportunities including tuck in acquisitions, new product or technology platforms, partnership opportunities
- Conduct primary/secondary market research activities to assess markets and targets, evaluate market potential, analyze differentiating technologies and product leadership positions that will generate targeted revenue. Create business case proposals and obtain deal support from the Company’s leadership team and various stakeholders
- Prepare and present new business opportunities to senior leaders that include detailed financial analysis, market opportunity, revenue potential, IP, and technological assessment.
Education and Qualifications Desired:
1. Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
2. Prior experience (20 years) in leading strategy/business development, M&A and strategic planning relevant to logistics industry
3. Strong financial background
3. Prior experience in top tier management consulting firms is a plus
4. Proven experience in developing new inorganic growth vectors and/or ideating and evaluating new white space opportunities