Regional Operations Manager, Global Logistics
- The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and ensuring the operations team provides the daily coordination, direction, and successful operations execution (on the plan, on time, on a budget) to ensure the seamless delivery of customer expectations in line with the Standard Operating Procedure and agreed commercial solution.
- As the leader of the Operations functional area, it is critical for the Operation Manager to balance management of the day-to-day activities with the medium/long-term activities, to ensure the effective delivery of the functional area of responsibility whilst ensuring the practical long-term sustainability of the customer base and strategic profile development of our client.
- As a member of the management team, the Operations Manager is a key contributor to the development by exhibiting an entrepreneurial flair for development of complexity of services, capability, and execution.
- Lead the day-to-day operations through hands-on, expert, and proactive leadership.
- Ensure cost competitiveness and margin security by developing a highly productive and efficient operation.
- Ensure that job file management, billing, invoicing, costing and reporting is carried out in accordance with requirements.
- Responsible for the financial and operational performance of the functional area.
- Drive standardisation, consistency, effectiveness, and quality of operations.
- Drive a continuous improvement approach to all aspects of the branch operations, ensuring optimisation of
back office, control towers, and centralization
- Personnel Management.
- Motivate / Engage / Develop customer service and operations team. Ensure that team remain focused and appropriately challenged on direction, whilst remaining fully compliant with organisational goals.
- Performance Management. Monitor, track and improve individual staff performance, provide appropriate feedback through formal and informal mechanisms and action as appropriate non-performance issues.
- Service Excellence. Promote and strive for a positive customer service experience to both internal and external stakeholders. Develop systemic & automated processes and measurement. Develop & drive culture
- Oversee registration team
- Responsibility for performance of the back office. Define and implement best practice processes and ensure compliance discipline. A key focus of this role is identification of offshoring opportunities.
- Daily run-rate reporting, closing jobs / capturing revenue; in conjunction with Finance Manager
- Monthly evaluation of department financial performance; in conjunction with Finance Manager
- Ongoing, standardised, and systemic analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Systems & Service Delivery
- Workload Planning. Utilising Cargowise1 workflow tool PAVE to enable appropriate workload distribution and deadline achievement
- Interact with company’s network of agents, define and implement processes and SOP
- Close collaboration withglobal offices to share best practices, leverage resources / assets
- Lead problem resolution. Work closely with all teams to assist problem resolution with challenging customers, to ensure long term customer relationship and a two-way partnership.
- Work with the information Technology (IT) team regarding opportunities to improve work processes
- People Management and Development
- Identify and facilitate the career development of high performers
- Support the reduction of turnover by understanding key drivers for leavers
- Creating a high performing, proactive and inclusive working environment
- Provide a safe working environment within your area of responsibility, supporting a “safety first” culture
- How will this be measured:
- Budgeted targets
- Safety targets
- Compliance targets
- Zero fraud & loss targets
- Customer retention; target zero loss of business due to customer service & service delivery
- Develop operations models and customer parameters to successfully deliver 99% DOT
- Customer feedback pertaining to perceived service levels and overall customer experience
- Develop systemic & automated processes and measurement. Develop & drive culture. Target 30% efficiency improvement.
- Develop a performance dashboard for Operational team and track necessary key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Achieve monthly revenue and EBIDTA targets
- 100% utilisation of Cargowise1, no operations outside the system.
- 100% auto-rating in Cargowise1 both costs and sell rates
- Monthly MME forecasting accuracy
- Development of a professional and standard business implementation programme and format
- Customer annual audits
- Entrenchment / integration with customer base
- Achieve on time delivery of material, working with supplier /carrier to book necessary space
- Safety Plan
- The position is new, key processes and controls are immature and not enforced.
- Productivity and discipline around Operations and Customer Service is lacking; structure and discipline is required
- Change management is required around transition to offshore operations and in-house customer service
- Purchasing Team Lead
- Sales & BD
- Customer service & Operations Coordinator x 8
- Operations Coordinator x 3
- Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience gained within the Freight Forwarding sector.
- In-depth understanding of Freight Forwarding Operations, able to overcome adversities in the industry.
- Strong Operations development & transition experience.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Competency or experience in CargoWise, EDI , project cargo & DG preferred.
- International & Local Transport expertise & knowledge.
- Hands-on leadership
- Ability to work at fast pace, multi-tasking.
- Track record of liner agency and forwarding operations.
- Sound knowledge in local reporting and compliance (Customs CMR, Rail Tagging, 1 Stop, Under bond Movements, etc.)