Global Head of Contract Logistics Procurement
We are looking for an outstanding professional to lead our client’s Contract Logistics Procurement team globally. This is a good opportunity to be at the forefront of a significant strategic transformation and growth push in one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
The role will be responsible for managing a multimillion dollar spend as well as supporting an aggressive commercial growth agenda within contract logistics space. This includes supporting and developing the regional & area contract logistics procurement team in 6 regions. In addition to the Global responsibility, the individual is also expected to elevate the regional and local area excellence to create and contribute towards global initiatives and best practises across all regions and areas. This is also a key role to drive the Global Sustainability agenda.
- Work in a Matrix organization setup with diverse stakeholder landscape to harmonize Global procurement efforts.
- Develop and Own the Contract Logistics procurement strategy and work with the teams to translate strategy into execution.
- Manage senior stakeholder relationships with key strategic suppliers and drive integration of Contract Management to achieve compliance and best in class supplier performance.
- Drive a strong digital transformation agenda within automation of procurement activities as well as supplier engagement.
- Partner with the Global Commercial and Finance teams on long term plans, including growth projects and find alignment between commercial needs, customer experience, operational execution and cost.
- Significantly uplift and bind the Regions & Area Procurement Strategy to a Global level and create a Global / Regional view on strategic categories, in strong collaboration with the Global Contract Logistics stakeholders.
- Ensure there is value and cost leadership in each of the cost categories in the various areas of contract logistics & lead logistics e.g., Real Estate, 3rd party labour, distribution, facility management at the warehouses / depots, Asset category management, security and energy optimisation to look attractive for customers in their service offering.
- Participate in strategic projects with Regional Commercial areas and Centre to evaluate Regional Mergers & Acquisitions, with the objective of providing input on Strategic value of target companies versus investment value, and time required to build similar setup.
The successful candidate
The individual we are looking for must have strong communication skills, executive presence, and possess an ability to manage a large number of stakeholders at different levels & seniority both within and outside the organization. The individual must also possess the ability to forge strong vendor relationships within the scope of authority, and ability to develop strategic supplier relationship management programs across areas, regions and globally.
- 15 years of experience in procurement & Logistics, specifically Warehousing, Cold Chain, contract logistics, distribution and Supply chain management
- A degree in a Business/Supply Chain Management or a related field is preferable
- Strong strategic mindset and planning abilities
- Proven Global Leadership experience, including team building capability
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to lead digital change and transformation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment
- High learning agility with the ability to constructively challenge and bring change
- Able to build and attract talent within the procurement and supply chain space
- Be a genuine leader which create strong collaboration within own procurement organisation and with the Global/regional leadership teams