Alcott Global is partnering with an international Consumer Goods company to identify its new Plant Director to be based in Switzerland.
The Plant director will supervise around 100 factory workers and ensure that factory targets are met. The responsibilities include scheduling building and equipment maintenance as needed, regularly monitoring the performance of factory staff and ensuring that all production orders are completed in a timely manner. You should also be able to enforce compliance with health and safety regulations to prevent accidents and injuries.
To be successful as a Plant Director, you should demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills and resolve any issues that may derail production. Ultimately, a top-performing manufacturing manager should have exceptional communication, management, and leadership skills to ensure that factory operations run smoothly.
- Direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality, and other production-related activities
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with departments’ managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, and salaries.
- Manage capital asset maintenance
- Take the lead on the Third-Party manufacturing strategy
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight, and repair expenses
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment, replacing, or adjusting plant facilities and equipment when necessary
- Provide leadership and training for relevant staff to accomplish the company goals and objectives
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel
- Provide direction, development and leadership to the production supervisor
- Demonstrate leadership, communication proficiency, decision making, problem solving and analysis, financial management, business acumen
- Manage all employees and be responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that plant
- Perform any other duties maybe assigned by the CEO as and when needed.
- University Degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of progressive manufacturing experience
- 7+ years of supervisory/management experience in the manufacturing environment
- Experience in FMCG is a must-have, luxury experience would be a strong plus
- Proven leadership skills and team player/builder and a driver of value-added results
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing operations, project planning, cost control and program management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to influence others and interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Experience in ISO and FDA quality and standards preferred
- Proven track record of success in implementing programs and business initiatives
- Strong internal and external communication, and team-building skills
- Ability to energize and develop all levels of the organization
- A Global mindset
- Experience in expanding plant sites is preferred
- Fluent in English AND good level of German (B2-C1).