Alcott Global is partnering with a leading industrial company to search for a VP, Global Operations to be based in Netherlands/Germany/UK.
The operations leader will be part of the senior leadership team of the Business Unit and is responsible for leading Global Operations Strategy and Execution to drive excellence in key results such as product quality, lead time and delivery performance, product cost, inventory investment, and capital expenditures. S/he will lead a team of plant management leaders and supply chain professionals (total team size of 2500+] to develop and execute actions that deliver short-term results while simultaneously enhancing the company’s long-term operations capabilities and operations talent to win our markets. Also, the leader will play a major role in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) due diligence of companies of interest and integration of the operations of the acquired companies.
The leader will bring deep electronic/electrical product manufacturing experience in business settings with high customer expectations, pace, and operational performance goals. S/he will bring a global and customer-focused mindset, excellent business acumen and leadership experience, and a hands-on leadership style.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the unit’s business strategy and how operations support the execution of the business strategy
- Refresh the 5-year operations strategy and business plan in partnership with the GM of the business unit, including the development of a detailed plan for global footprint optimization, automation investments, insourcing / outsourcing decisions, and capability/talent needs assessment
- Implement a robust cadence to support and monitor the execution of the KPIs such as safety, product quality, on-time delivery, productivity, and inventory in the global manufacturing plants
- Execute (on time and on budget) the major projects such as product launch & manufacturing ramp-up, major capital programs, automation projects, and footprint migration projects in the unit
- Develop and execute the talent assessment, talent development plan, and succession plan for the operations and supply chain team in the unit.
- Degree in Business Management or relevant field
- 10+ years’ experience in supply chain/operations in complex multi-site manufacturing
- Strong manufacturing cost and analytic capability and hands-on experience in leading lean supply chain initiatives
- Experience in leading complex manufacturing operations
- Integrated supply chain organizations and track record of transforming /turnaround and delivering results.
- Experience working for Low Volume – High Mix businesses with short cycles will be strongly preferred.
- Direct experience with a manufacturing footprint in Europe is critical. The incumbent should have solid experience in dealing with European and Local Work councils. Experience managing a global manufacturing network, with exposure to North America and Asia highly preferred.
- A leader who gets results through others, through partnering, coaching, and driving empowerment and accountability.
- Ability to function well in a matrix environment and drive functional excellence and business results.
- M&A and post-merger integration experience will be a strong plus.
- Strategic Mindset
- Executing for Results
- Leading Teams
- Transforming and Scaling Organizations
- Building Relationships and Using Influence