Job Title: Senior Director of Engineering and Industry 4.0
We are helping one of our global clients to seek an experienced and visionary Senior Director to lead their Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory initiatives. In this role, you will develop and implement strategies to optimize production processes, improve efficiency, and drive innovation within our smart factory environment. Your expertise in advanced manufacturing technologies, automation, and data-driven decision-making will be critical in shaping the future of our organization.
- Develop a comprehensive Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory strategy aligned with the company's vision and goals.
- Collaborate with senior management to set operational objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Lead the transformation of the traditional manufacturing facility into a state-of-the-art smart factory by integrating cutting-edge technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), robotics, and digital manufacturing tools.
- Identify and assess new technologies and solutions to optimize production processes and supply chain management.
- Oversee the implementation of automation and robotics systems to streamline manufacturing operations, reduce manual labor, and increase output capacity.
- Work closely with the engineering team to design and implement automated processes that align with safety and quality standards.
- Develop data-driven decision-making processes, leveraging real-time data from connected machines and sensors to monitor and optimize production workflows.
- Utilize analytics tools and algorithms to identify patterns, trends, and areas for improvement, thus driving continuous process optimization.
- Ensure adherence to industry standards, safety regulations, and quality control procedures within the smart factory environment.
- Implement rigorous quality control protocols to deliver products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Manage a cross-functional team of professionals, including production managers, engineers, and data analysts, to drive the successful implementation of Industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and learning, promoting professional growth within the team.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including the executive team and department heads, to align smart factory strategies with broader organizational objectives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external partners, technology vendors, and research institutions to stay informed about the latest advancements in smart manufacturing.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Proven track record of successful project management and leadership in implementing Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of smart manufacturing technologies like IoT, AI, machine learning, and robotics.
- Solid understanding of data analytics, process optimization, and lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong experience in developing and executing operational strategies within a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Ability to think strategically, identify opportunities, and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities to motivate and inspire teams toward achieving common goals.
- Familiarity with industry standards, safety regulations, and quality management systems.