Alcott Global is partnering with a leading organization within the semiconductor industry to look for a Senior Director, Materials.
Location: Texas, USA
The organization indirectly touches the chips that go into smartphones smart cars and are used in deploying the power of artificial intelligence in almost every aspect of our daily lives. The company is a developer and supplier of critical subsystems, components, and parts. The organization provides integrated outsourced solution for major subassemblies, design for manufacturability, prototyping, advanced flow control solutions and high-precision manufacturing.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The role is the supply chain leader for a key global customer of the organization. Reporting directly into the SVP of Global Supply Chain and Materials management this position works collaboratively with Site, Region and Global Materials teams, Global Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, Account Ops and Sales team members. Focusing on driving supply chain initiatives that reduce LT, assures supply, increase flexibility, improves quality, and increase margins by optimizing total cost of ownership globally for a specific customer. Is intimately involved in long-range demand and supply planning, developing strategies to maximize output, minimize inventory and generate material margins.
- Responsible for E2E Global supply chain management & development for a key customer
- S&OP Globally - align customer orders (demand) with materials supply and ensures sites are executing
- Works with sites & account teams to develop SC strategies to Optimize supply using the organization systems (KanBan, VMI, Raw ISA’s, etc…)
- Customer Quote Development – Ensures all material pricing activities protect organization material margins
- Manages material price changes, ensuring unfavorable PPV’s and Inventory revaluations are claimed
- Global Inventory optimization – transfer strategies, E&O claims due to demand changes and ECO’s
- Develops & manages supply chain ramp up and down plans on project transfers between manufacturing sites, customer factories.
- Manages Customer ISA’s/Inv Liability agreements, including SS, LLT, risk buys, etc…
- Participate in meetings to review their strategic drivers with the organization sites, account and customer teams
- BCP – Identify and facilitate the implementation of additional sources to ensure consistent supply while retaining the margins
- Escalation point for critical shortages and manages customers’ SBM’s on parts under allocation
- Participates in Customer executive reviews, representing Supply Chain and Materials
Professional Experience / Education
- 15+ years of materials management experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent, to include experience in supply chain planning or outsourcing preferably from a semiconductor industry
- Account or program management experience is a key requirement for this role.
- B.S. level degree or equivalent in business, purchasing, materials, distribution, supply chain management, or related discipline, Masters level degree preferred
- Develops and manage commercialization (transition) materials plan.
- Ensures materials change control process includes inventory claims
- Develops supplier and commodity road maps.
- Ensures quality issues are resolved
- Ensures Global Material Margins are maintained and improved
- Understands and mitigates overload of committed demand
- Able to lead teams of non-direct reports
- Experience in managing people in multiple geographies.