Head of Supply Chain, Indonesia
Alcott Global is retained by a leading global FMCG company to search for a Head of Supply Chain, Indonesia. The role is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Head of Supply Chain is responsible for overseeing the entire supply chain and manufacturing process, including spray drying, dry blending, and packing, at the four factories in Indonesia. They work with the Senior Management Team to develop and execute production strategies with channels and partners, both locally and regionally, to achieve company objectives.
The Head of Supply Chain also helps to grow the business by making the supply chain a competitive advantage and delivering superior service, cost, cash, and top-line results. They develop the talent pool within their team on both functional and managerial skills and ensure that the supply chain function remains attractive. He/She is also the Crisis Correspondent for Supply Point.
● Create and drive the regional & global Supply Chain strategy & objectives. Lead the development of the Supply Chain function and its overall contribution to the CBU business strategy.
● Monitor closely CFR as per the agreed target and continuously improve the RTM to customers. ● Lead operationally and develop excellence from upstream to downstream:
○ Supply Planning: Chair monthly Operations Review meeting, forecasting, GPS, supply planning, ○ Logistics, Export & Shipping: Network Strategy and Design, physical flows management (transport, warehouses
& inventory), 3PL management (where applicable), co-packing, Co-logistics & co-distribution… ○ Export Customer Service: measure CFR and ensure achieving the best ○ Master Data Management ○ Productivity / Booster: Identify productivity projects to fill up the booster funnel for operations
● Manage and enhance the overall performance of business processes through effective interfaces with his peers in Sales, Finance, Marketing, HN, HR, etc.
● Develop and coach team, grow talent pool, and build robust succession plans ● Participate actively with the Regional teams in order to enhance local and global initiatives and drive the Supply Chain
toward excellence ● Health & Safety
○ Contribute to the achievement of a zero-harm workplace through active participation in and support of the company’s Health and safety program.
○ Ensure a high level of awareness & understanding of all relevant Health & Safety policies and procedures ○ Ensure that all accidents & incidents are reported in a timely manner as required by H&S procedures.
● Regulatory, Corporate & ISO Quality & Food Safety standards ○ Assure adherence to all Regulatory, Corporate & ISO Quality, and Food Safety standards and dissemination of
any relevant updates. ● Code of Ethics
○ Acting in the field of infant and young children nutrition is committed to respecting specific rules to comply with the Code of Ethics for The Marketing of Infant Foods and Related Products which also covers the requirements for the WHO Code of Breast Milk Substitutes.
○ As an employee, commit to following the guidance of the Charter for the Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes and Other Foods intended for Infants and Young Children.
● Impact Journey ○ Contribute to promoting “green” activities and reducing CO2 emissions.
● Possess a recognized engineering degree. A higher degree (Master In Business Administration) will be desirable. ● Have at least 10 to 15 years of experience in the manufacturing of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment
preferably in the Food industry. ● Experience with implementation of manufacturing excellence, project management, and Engineering/maintenance
system ● Minimum 10 years’ experience as Head of Department/Section. Working experience in supply chain management is a
must – minimum at the manager level. ● Stakeholder management – good networking experience. ● Knowledge of manufacturing, operations, supply chain & logistics particularly in a fast-moving consumer goods
environment. ● Full understanding of food processing, occupational health and safety, engineering, project management, and cost
control. ● Be able to manage large team members (Union, contract workers, etc). ● Good understanding of HACCP, ISO, GMP, GHP, and ISO 14001 standards. ● Sufficient corporate financial knowledge is critical.
Required Personal Attributes:
● Team player ● Able to communicate at all levels ● Effective team building coaching and motivational skills ● Strong leadership capabilities, decisive with high level of integrity ● Analytical and with good presentation skills ● Assertive and results oriented ● Strong written & oral communication and negotiation skills ● Demonstrates initiative and follow-through ● Ability to plan and organise and coordinate activities ● Strong Project management skills