Alcott Global is currently working with a global company in the food industry to search for their Engineering Director – Industrial Operations to be based in the Philippines.
The Industrial Operation Engineering Director is responsible for the strategic planning, organization, administration, management, direction, and coordination of the activities of Industrial Operations Engineering support services within the organization in accordance with the organizational and business objectives. Provides support to new products/ ventures in design, cost estimates and development of new equipment and process as required for the manufacturing operations and other related activities of the new products/ventures project.
Ensures strict compliance to good practices in food manufacturing such Engineering standard, Health and Safety standards, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points, ISO and other related standards of Good Manufacturing Practices in the design and installation of equipment to ensure compliance to Quality, Sanitation, Hygiene, Health and Safety, and Food Security regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and oversees the activities of Engineering to support the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinates the preparation and implementation of major projects to support client’s Co-packers, Joint Ventures, and Plants within and outside of Asia.
- Evaluates the technical capabilities of Engineering Team
- Providing technical leadership to all engineering and development areas.
- Conducts process and machine design development to improve the manufacturing operation.
- Ensures strict compliance with all design and installation works.
- Reviews, recommends, and approves design premise, specifications, cost estimates, job order, purchase order, contracts in accordance with the Company’s Financial Authority Policy.
- Plans project requirements and resources to ensure tasks are delivered according to specifications, budget, and timeline.
- Facilitates project reviews, status update and coordination meetings with project proponents, support groups and other service providers (contractors & suppliers).
- Signs/approves relevant permits to ensure compliance of contractors, suppliers, and other service providers.
- Recommends/approves assessment/qualification of contractors and suppliers.
- Attends relevant training courses to keep up with current and developing trends.
- Participates actively in Company’s Continuous Improvements Programs and to lead and direct activities related to improvements as needed.
- Mentors new engineering managers and staff.
- Performs related duties as maybe assigned every now and then.
- Utility Services management.
- Graduate of Bachelor/Master of Science in Engineering
- With at least ten (10) years relevant experience in design, project engineering/project management in a manufacturing environment; with proven track record in delivering projects timely and on cost.
- Knowledgeable in preparing project plans, timelines, cost estimates and bill of materials.
- Promotes Safety compliance in the office and work area.
- Mastery of engineering principles and sanitary/hygienic design standards
- Well acquainted with engineering calculations to support design decisions and material choices.
- Conversant in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, Piping and instrumentation diagram and flow sheets and translate it to process information.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Has initiative, goal oriented and able to work within tight deadlines.