Alcott Global is retained to search for a Commercial Director to be based in Penang, Malaysia for a leading freight and logistics company.
Reporting Line: Chief Commercial Officer
This is a newly created role to lead our client's logistics’ regional sales and business development activities for the purposes of delivering on revenue growth, revenue diversification, and margin growth objectives. Pivotal to this role’s success is the careful and successful execution of well-developed strategies, focused on delivering the targeted market share growth, brand awareness, sales quality, and financial performance. The Commercial Director will use their international knowledge to communicate in a culturally sensitive manner, create ideas and strategies aimed at localizing our service/product offering, and follow trends in international markets. Of specific focus for the Commercial Director, will be the personal development of the Asian market.
This role is responsible for proactively:
- Developing a professional, high-performing team and culture, focussing on standards, behaviours, and results;
- Delivering sales and business development, margin, and De-risking targets by providing direction, leadership, planning, and execution with respect to targeted industry sectors, product categories, and service segment growth;
- Developing individual business plans for each targeted country (down to targeted industry sectors, product categories, and service segments);
- Administering and developing initiatives to increase sales and market development activities, including but not limited to, service product offerings and the development and effective management of the sales organization to deliver sector/category and segment specialization, intimacy, alignment, growth, and retention;
- Analysing and evolving the sales organization’s business strategies and developing improvement plans for same to provide targeted growth;
- Evaluating market trends and providing appropriate support to product development;
- Managing all sales and business development processes and ensuring compliance with organizational and government policies and regulations;
- Coordinate with the Country and International management team to maintain budgets and participate in the requisite forums;
- Prepare and implement various capture methods for business development;
- Prepare pricing strategies to deliver on the growth, margin, and retention targets;
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- In-depth understanding of Freight Forwarding Operations.
- Understands customer needs and can offer bespoke solutions.
- Solid experience in transport and logistics with minimum 5 years in a leadership role preferred
- Previous experience in managing a business and objectives in a matrix organization
- Commercial knowledge in logistics and a proven track record in delivering results.
- Commercial solid focus & client relationship
- Excellent leadership and people skills.
- Proven capabilities in dealing with ambiguity
- Developing direct reports and others
- Strong analytical skill